A warehouse management system or WMS is vital in the supply chain. Its particular aim is to control the movement and storage of materials placed in a warehouse. It also helps in handling the process of the associated transactions like shipping, receiving, putting away, and picking. The system also guides and improves stock putaway based on real-time information about bin usage status.
To efficiently monitor the flow of products, resort to Auto ID Data Capture (AIDC) technology i.e. barcode scanners, mobile computers, wireless LANs and potentially Radio-frequency identification (RFID) The Warehouse management systems are the primary functions of the Warehouse management systems. After the data collection is done the process of batch synchronization or a real-time wireless transmission to a central database starts. The database then provides information about the status of goods in the warehouse.
Key Results of Asset Management system
- Unique Identify of material in warehouse.
- Tracking of inward material as per the PO released.
- Allocating the location of the material at the warehouse.
- Picking the right material for dispatch as per the Pick list.
- Physical stock of material is tally with the SAP stock and WMS Stock.
- Tracking the movement of material in the warehouse.
- 100% Incoming material Qnty confirmation. It Generate GRN No automatically.
- Seamless operation in generation of Sales (tax) invoice and Pick List (Delivery Challan)
- Pick right material with FIFO method from rack for delivery.
- Packing of the material
- Generate dispatch label with customer details and shipping address.
- Dispatch the material and maintain Cargo details with weight of parcel.
- Client-server based inventory management software with Barcode enabled data capturing system.
- Complete visibility to management (from HO) on the inventory at factory as well as depot.
- Help the management for Production planning with inventory level at factory & Depo.
- Online Production Report with batch wise.
- 100% accurate automatic data capturing facility in the dusty environment inside the factory.
- Eliminates any change of manipulations thus gives an accurate report online.
Advantages of the Asset Management system
- Major Benefits of Automation in Warehouse
- Accuracy of data input (error free)
- Aid effective management of resources and inventories
- Labour savings by avoiding manual system
- Cost efficient
- Real time data collection
- Measurement of work in progress throughout the factory
- Rapid access to total production costs
- More accurate dispatch
- Satisfied Customer
- Save Time
- Fast decision Making
- Data can be entered much faster into the computer
- Cost effective in terms of lesser manpower
- Accurate and efficient in data reading
- Lesser paper work
- No queuing even during peak time
- No need of experienced hands to operate the machine